Just Me ...

I will start with my cooking passion as it is our daily need; I like to cook fusion food, doing my own experiments with old and regular recipes, turning them into a new flavor and since my husband is also a food lover, it even gets easier, when I get praises on my newly tried recipes, its like Hard work paid off.

I love traveling; exploring new places is my passion, when I start planning a trip my mind goes bunko, I think, I research and surf so much that before even reaching the destination, I am almost a local there, walking on the beaches, looking at the night sky, climbing a mountain, going on safaris, meeting different people of mankind, listening to their languages, I truly believe there is so much to learn in this world.

My latest interest is writing novels, beautiful love stories, that were always in my mind but I was so busy with my life that I never gave a try to this passion of my personality, and since my first novel is online now, it is so mush satisfying, I enjoyed so much wile writing the novel as if I was in that world with the characters I created.

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Raan e Sikandrii




Raan e Sikandrii

Ingredients
  • 2 legs of lamb
  • 8 tablespoons rock salt
  • 4 tablespoons red chili powder
  • 1/2 cup ginger paste
  • 1/2 cup garlic paste
  • 1 cup malt vinegar
  • 8 bay leaves
  • 3 sticks cinnamon, broken into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 tablespoons black cumin seeds
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon kebab masala
For the kebab masala
  • 3 teaspoons dried raw mango powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon rock salt
  • 2 teaspoons fenugreek powder
  • 1 teaspoon black salt
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
Directions
1.     Clean and trim the fat from the lamb leg. Gently loosen the meat from the bone at the top of the leg to season well.
2.     Rub salt and red chili powder on the leg, then rub on ginger and garlic pastes.
3.     Arrange in a roasting tray; pour over malt vinegar and water till the lamb legs are almost covered.
4.     Add bay leaves and cinnamon sticks; sprinkle black cumin on top. Cover and braise in the pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 2 to 2 ½ hours.
5.     Turn off the oven, and let the lamb legs cool in the oven at 300 degrees. Remove legs from the liquid and let them air-dry for 10 minutes.
6.     Skewer the braised leg, and roast on charcoal or in the oven at 350 degrees. While roasting, baste with a little clarified butter. Continue roasting until the meat gets a nice roast-brown color.
7.     Remove, drizzle with lemon juice and a little butter, and sprinkle with kebab masala. 


No comments:

Post a Comment